Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Birthday Package from Tennessee!

I got the mail today and there was a birthday package from my Aunt Lisa and Uncle Matthew. Inside there was a Cubs hat that fits me perfectly! There was also a note. I wanted to share the note with you. It says:
-
Nathan,
You are growing up. You are becoming a man. You may think, "I am young. The decisions I make now can't possibly influence the rest of my life." You are wrong. It is time to make "big boy" decisions. I am here to help you with the biggest, and easiest of these: Which team should I support? The answer is clear. Those who are wise wear the "C" on their brow.
-
Now there may be some who mock your choice. You will hear words like "cursed," "100 years," and "lovable losers." These people are fools, and quite possibly Dodger fans, for they are synonymous. When that happens just smile and feel pity for those that will never know what it means to be a true fan of a true team.
-
You must wear the hat wherever you go, except to church (but make a fuss about not being able to wear it to church). Use the hat to guide you in all things, making sure the brim is always rounded, never bent or straight. Go forward with pride!
Happy Birthday Cubbie!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It doesn't look like he wants to be a Cubs fan...

Anonymous said...

Go Cubs Go!! It is just because you don't feel well. Cheer for the Cubs all year and when they win the world series Matthew will know that you wearing that hat is good luck.

Anonymous said...

Wow Mom is totally trying to kiss up to Matthew. Although maybe this is what the Cubs need. A Charlie Brown baby has to be good luck right?

Anonymous said...

He is already practicing for October. Welcome to life as a Cubs fan!

Mike and JaNae said...

I bet he'd be smilin if it was a Bosox hat he was wearin....

Number of Blog Visitors