Monday, September 13, 2010

Yellowstone Vacation - Day 3

Our family headed to Lellowstone by ourselves on the third day of our vacation. I totally blame these pictures on Grandma. I wonder why Mom doesn't remember saying to herself that she would never make HER kids do this. But that is ok, these are new states for me.

A nice lady offered to take our picture by the sign. But I guess she didn't think we needed the whole sign, so here is the picture of the Yellowstone Sign.


Our first stop was at the Artists Paintpots. I thought I needed to sit on every log.


More tree climbing.

This buffalo was walking in the street! He wouldn't get out of the way!

We went to Mammoth Hot Springs. That is Mom's favorite part of Yellowstone.

I thought it looked like snow and suggested that we build a snowman.


In Mammoth we saw a lot of elk. If you look close, the elk is in the shadows by the building.

Then we went to the visitor's center.


This sign says don't step in elk poop.

I decided that I wanted to be an elk too! I insisted on crawling on the sidewalk like an elk. I am so silly. Everyone that walked by laughed.


We played at Mammoth for awhile.


Yum. Icecream!

Dad loved this building. It was the engineering building.


This was the only bear we saw.

This is the Mammoth Medical Center. Must be a long wait. Look at all the elk in the shade waiting to get in.




Here we all are.

Mom had brought us some paint so we could paint rocks.



Here is the rock that I painted. Then Mom and I painted this stick. So pretty huh?

No comments:

Number of Blog Visitors