Monday, August 31, 2009

Nursery

Yesterday was my first day going to nursery. All morning I prepped Mom for what it would be like so she would be prepared, but it didn't really help when the time came. So there we are, standing at the nursery door:
-
Me: Bye Mom. You be brave. I will come and get you after I am done playing toys.

Mom: You know, you are just a baby. You don't have to go if you don't want to.

Me: Mom we went over this, I am a big boy now.

Mom: I could go with you if you want.

Me: Mom, you will be ok, I will come and get you in awhile.
-
The conversation went on like that until I realized there was no reasoning with the woman. I ended up just having to hurry inside and leave her out in the hall by herself. I am sure she was okay. They say that the parents only cry for a few minutes and then they get distracted and are fine. Mom is brave, but I understand this is a big change for her being alone.

No comments:

Number of Blog Visitors